Day 21 & nothing!

DezyJuarez

Hatching
Mar 20, 2017
OK so as of March with at 2pm it is day 21. I see nothing and hear nothing. However this is my first incubator & first hatch. I managed to candle a few eggs with the lid down over my hands with a blanket covering the open gap when my hands were. I viewed through the top window from inside the incubator. I see movement, increased air sack and veins. I hope this isn't a bad sign. I didn't let out much humidity and it jumped back within a few minutes. What do you think? Normal?:/

Last edited:
Depends on the breed and temperature, I had chicks that hatched on day 24 and I've recently had some wyandotte bantams hatch on day 19-20. As long as there is movement in the egg there's hope of them hatching.

OK so as of March with at 2pm it is day 21. I see nothing and hear nothing. However this is my first incubator & first hatch. I managed to candle a few eggs with the lid down over my hands with a blanket covering the open gap when my hands were. I viewed through the top window from inside the incubator. I see movement, increased air sack and veins. I hope this isn't a bad sign. I didn't let out much humidity and it jumped back within a few minutes. What do you think? Normal?:/

:welcome Air cell draw down and movements are all good signs. If your hatches are delayed that points to low temps. If you've never checked your thermometers/hygrometer, I highly suggest you do. Knowing you have accurate temps is important. If you have eggs starting before day 20 that points to temps too warm. As long as your incubator recovers humidity quickly opening isn't an issue. Good luck with the hatch.

I'm in the same boat today marks 21 and I'm not noticing any Pips just give it a while from what I have been researching I've seen people going up today 25

Yes I heard peeping today from one of my most developed eggs it's towards the back near the heating element. I believe the manual is wrong about temp to use without circulated air. Even at 103 temp my eggs are still slow developing. I have pulled a computer fan and hooked it to a charger. Hope that helps even things out.

Yes I heard peeping today from one of my most developed eggs it's towards the back near the heating element. I believe the manual is wrong about temp to use without circulated air. Even at 103 temp my eggs are still slow developing. I have pulled a computer fan and hooked it to a charger. Hope that helps even things out.

What kind of incubator do you have and have you ever checked the thermometers for accuracy?

Mine has stopped working so I have just replaced it. And I have a LG 9300.

The displays on the LG 9300 are notorious for being wrong. So if you've never checked the accuracy, that's probably the problem. Almost everyone I know that has hatched with the digital LGs have had to raise it so the display reads 102-104 just to get the temp inside to 99.5 where it's supposed to be. If you put an accurate thermometer inside the bator, you'd probably find it's at 2-4 degrees lower than the display reads. The hygrometer on the 9300 is often way off too. 99-100 is the right temp for forced air. I'd put money on it that the display is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom