Day 21 on private swap eggs (Sad Update)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by marie_martin, Apr 12, 2008.

1. marie_martin

marie_martin Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    I have 4 white silkies and 1 d'uccle in the hatcher on day 18. Started out with more eggs but hope the rest will hatch for me. The eggs are from sherriekim and she did a great job packing them so I am sure it was the P.O. or my incubation skills. Will keep you posted.

Marie

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Best of luck!

3. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Thanks, they are on day 20 today. No pips yet, that I can see. I have them in the egg carton. Will keep you posted. My quail eggs are on day 12 and I have some serama, faverolles and cochins on day 10. So lots of hatching coming up I hope.

Marie

4. Animallover606

Animallover606 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2008
    Hope they all hatch nice and healthy!

5. marie_martin

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Sad News. I guess this was just not my week. I lost my job and now all but one of these eggs are lost. I have one d'uccle left. The others either did not hatch, fully formed, or died after. Beautiful white silkies too. Nice looking feet. Looked like they would have been very nice. I am just so sad right now I can'f find a reason to be excited even though I have more eggs in the bators and under broodies. My broodies keep swapping nests and stuff, so they will do good to hatch. What a week this has been. Sorry for the pity party.

Marie

6. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    I'm so sorry the hatch didn't go well, just get right back in there and try again......Not easy losing a job, so hope something comes along in the regard..chin up!...

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  7. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    Sorry about your job.I can definately relate to that as last May I lost a high paying job because of politics in my company and the job I've had since then is closer home but a whole lot less pay and I didn't know how we were going to survive but God has provided and we have managed to make it with his help.He can and will do the same for you if you just trust Him.

8. ebonykawai

ebonykawai Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, no. I'm sorry about your hatch, but even more sorry about your job loss. I hope things pick up for you soon! [​IMG]

9. tberggren

tberggren Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 20, 2008
    Ithaca NY
    So very sorry to hear about your terrible week, here's sending you a cyber hug [​IMG]
    I hope the loss of your job opens the door to something even better to come your way.

10. shortcake1806

shortcake1806 Sassy McSassington

Sep 11, 2007
    Marie,

How heartbreaking. Hopefully the broodies will have lots of babies for you.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by