day 21...only 4 pips

Myst4

Songster
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
N.S., Canada
This is killing me....hope all of my eggs hatch ok...still waiting for broody to hatch her eggs(on day 25 now). I'm running back and forth,from coop to house, checking on eggs in bator, checking broody.........I'm going insane here!

Last edited:
We just let our hens sit their own eggs for the first time. They laid for 2 weeks before they started sitting, and then, we expected chicks @ about 28 days (standard cochins). The blue hen took 32 days & the white hen's didn't hatch until a week after the blue one... If your hen will let you candle them, that's a good way to tell how many are likely to hatch...
smile.png

Good Luck!

Quote:
Well, my broody is a Black Giant hen and she is sitting on 10 EE eggs that I placed under her.It has been cool weatherwise in my area...that might be a factor. OMG! 32 days??!!!!
ep.gif
...{{{sigh}}} well I guess they will hatch when they good and ready. I'm sure she wouldn't sit on them if they were dead chicks...well I hope not.
fl.gif
I would try to candle, but the eggs are green and my 45 lumen flashlight doesn't seem to want to let me see in my green eggs anymore. It was an expensive one too...and just got it a couple months ago. Anyway, I will keep checking on my broody, but I think I will consentrate more on my eggs in my bator. Thanks for the info.... I'm not as worried about it now.

Last edited:
Myst4[/quote :

fl.gif
I would try to candle, but the eggs are green and my 45 lumen flashlight doesn't seem to want to let me see in my green eggs anymore. It was an expensive one too...and just got it a couple months ago. Anyway, I will keep checking on my broody, but I think I will consentrate more on my eggs in my bator. Thanks for the info.... I'm not as worried about it now.

I have the same problem. I here Wal mart now has a 85 lumen for $24.98. I wonder if that would work on green eggs?​

Quote:
I have the same problem. I here Wal mart now has a 85 lumen for $24.98. I wonder if that would work on green eggs?

It might...mine works fine when I candle,until close to hatch day. Mine was about $60. I would assume that a 85 lumen would work on green eggs.

Back
Top Bottom