Day 21 Today and no pips or chirps?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by happyhens44, Jan 21, 2011.

1. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    [​IMG] Uh this is my first time hatching, and I know the chicks are alive. I just thought Id have a pip, But im a worry wort. Any comments to calm me down, IM SO EGG-CITED [​IMG]

2. rearrolled

rearrolled Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2011
    Aussie
    [​IMG] u can get late blomers iv had some late light sussex they will be right as long as u c them moving and lukerly cheping

best of luck [​IMG]

what r they????? [​IMG]

3. KatieBugg

KatieBugg Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 21, 2010
    Holts Summit, MO
    Patience grasshopper [​IMG] I am on my first hatch as well and not due to hatch until Sunday, it's probably the hardest thing I have done in a long time!! Wait.....not easy to do!!

4. Hi! I have a group going into Day 21 as well. I see 2 pips so far, but that's it.
    Good luck with your hatch.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

5. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Here is some good advice given to me from everyone on here. Sit on your hands. LOL. I know how you feel. My 1st hatch and they are due today. I have been bugging everyone on here for days. And they tolerated me. [​IMG] Good luck:fl I have no pips either yet. But I did just hear one cheeping. Keep us informed.

6. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    Ok, They are Production "red stars" (mix with RIR and something else) And rooster is Buff Orpington.

7. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    I guess I havent Listened for chirping, Because the broody is in a Big cage with new covered up with a light in there, So if there was chirping I wouldent here it over the noisy flock

8. happyhens44

happyhens44 BroodyAddict

Apr 25, 2010
    Northern WI
    [​IMG] [​IMG] UPDATE I HEARD CHIRPING!!!!!!! [​IMG]

I dont how long tell they Pip! [​IMG]:ya [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. terrilhb

terrilhb Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 11, 2010
    Georgia
    isn't it awesome. Gotta love it

10. leeandtina

leeandtina Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2010
    Eastern PA
    [​IMG] keep us poste on how many little chickies you hatch out! cool isn't it [​IMG]:jumpy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by