Day 21 today.... Here is whats happening! Also i got a question?

penkwolf

Songster
10 Years
May 2, 2011
Hello

Its day 21 today for our eggs in the incubator! This is our first time incubating eggs.... in their we have:

4x silver campine
3x buff orp
2x buff columbian
3x plymouth rock
2x exchequer leghorn

We did have 5 white cochin eggs to, but all were infertile before day 18.

Anyway so far during the night 2 of the buff orps have hatched, the other buff orp has pipped and a buff columbian has pipped.

We have sectioned the chicks off in the incubator with a peice of cardboard as they were walking all over the eggs!

Really hope most hatch!!

When should we move the chicks to the brooder? Some people say 24 hours after, some say leave in incubator a week with food. What do you think??

Thanks

I take mine out pretty soon after they've hatched and put them in a brooder. A week's too long. They'll poop all over the bator! Some say wait 'till they're dry and then take them out quick, so you don't mess up the humidity and temp.
Good luck with the rest of your eggs!

Ok thanks! I just turned brooder on for it to warm up! No sign of the others hatching though :/

I put mine in the Brooder once they arnt wet anymore. I let them fluff up. Remember to dip their beaks in water once you put them in the brooder

GOOD LUCK - mine should hatch around the 15th of June, My first time hatching ALSO!
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom