Day 21 was here and is now passed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by horseyjess, Mar 15, 2011.

1. horseyjess

horseyjess Songster

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    I purchased 4 SQ Standard Cochin eggs. 3 of the 4 never developed at all [​IMG] they were shipped eggs. I put them in the bator on 2/22 I would say about noonish. The one lonely that made it was wiggiling around alot this morning and now nothing.. Paid a decent amount and was hoping on atleast this one...[​IMG]:hit:fl

2. BrattishTaz

BrattishTaz Roo Magnet

Jan 8, 2011
    Tampa Area, Florida
    Don't give up until at least the end of day 25. Low temps can cause delayed hatches. It may just be sleeping right now.

3. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Songster

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    thats to bad! Only 4 eggs doesnt give you a very good chance with shipped eggs. I'd go for a few more next time. I hope you little one hatches!

4. aprophet

aprophet Songster

Jan 12, 2010
    chesapeake Va.
    I just had 35 eggs set I thought I had 20 made it to lockdown it was actually 12 out of 12, 12 hatched only 11 made it the eggs were shipped from 3 states away I know how to do the numbers I am still happy . shipped eggs are a crap shoot closer is better I have had several 100% hatches on local eggs that and the eggs my birds produce heres hoping you do better next time

5. horseyjess

horseyjess Songster

Sep 2, 2009
    SW Florida
    I have been having pretty decent hatch rates with the shipped eggs [​IMG]. With the exception of a batch of Silkies (only hatched 5 of 12). I wanted more of these Cochins but when I was buying 4 of the SQ was all the buyer was offering soooo really wanted atleast 1. Still nothing today tho [​IMG] I dont even see movement today [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: