Day 21: We're pip n, zip n, and we're free!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by erijn5, Mar 31, 2009.

1. erijn5

erijn5 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    Last night about 8:30 p.m. we checked the incubator. Since it has the windows on the top for viewing this can be very addictive..We could hear light chirping, it was too cute. [​IMG]

Then we saw it, it was a brown mutt egg rocking with a hole in the side... [​IMG] After about 3 hrs still not out yet, now we were getting diappointed, but neverthless others had starting rocking and started to pip!! [​IMG]

By 1 am., I was spent, the saying is "Watched Eggs Never Hatch!!" [​IMG] It is true cause they didn't! So this morning I got up and 2 of the brown mutts had a crack. The one that was rocking so hard last night with the pip was stopped and has not started back up yet! I hope nothing is wrong? [​IMG]

But the good news is that out of 20 eggs, 2 have hatched both black so far, not fluffed, 4 more have pips. And a couple more are rocking....! I'm so excited I can hardly stand myself! [​IMG]

Keep ya posted!! [​IMG]

2. Hecate

Hecate Out Of The Brooder

Jan 27, 2009
    Ohio
    Congratulations! I'm waiting along with you - one out of 15 has hatched out! Hope your hatch is great!

3. metcalfmk

metcalfmk Out Of The Brooder

Apr 3, 2008
    Huntsville, TX
    Congrats! I am waiting too!! Good luck with your new babies. Hatching is hard work and sometimes it takes a little while [​IMG]

4. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    We are at 2 lg chicks, and 2 banty chicks...4 more piping. They are so cute! [​IMG] My purebred eggs have not started hatching yet, the mutts are ahead..such troopers! [​IMG]

We have 2 black with white/yellow, 2 yellow with black/brown...As soon as they get dried I will post pics...maybe tomorrow!!
    8 more mutts to go! Polish, Black cochins, 1 jersey giant your up!!! Time to crack!! [​IMG] LOL

Must go check the bator bye... [​IMG]

Addicted to view panels!

5. erijn5

May 8, 2008
    South Central IL
    UPDATE: 7 have hatched...we lost one, it was average size egg, but it was a double yoker...The poor chick hatched itself out and worked so hard only to have to be put to sleep. It was born with it's intestines on the outside...the cord was still attached to the other yolk..Kinda wierd...Anyway it was blind, and not doing well so didn't want it to suffer....I almost cried...so sad! [​IMG]

Other news, 5 more have piped and we're still waiting patiently!!

[​IMG]

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Congratulatons!

We fired up the bator yesterday and will putting all the eggs in tomorrow or Thursday when the last of the eggs arrive.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by