1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 22 and not even a pip

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by minpinmama, Mar 15, 2012.

1. minpinmama

minpinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2010
    At what point is it ok to give up and not feel guilty? Today is day 22 for us.
    17 eggs, 15 taken out after candling on the 14th day, when opened nothing in 10 and a little blood ring in 5.
    Last two and upon candling it looks like one was going to make it and one looked like a quiter but figured
    I'd leave it just in case. No sounds coming from eggs, no pip, new eggs coming today (but of course need to settle after shipping for 12 to 24 hrs.
    Should I give up today or wait another day or two?

2. justin24

justin24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    give them time this may sounded crazy but play a video with sound really loud near the incubator the sound should be of baby chicks hatching and chripping

3. minpinmama

minpinmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2010
    I already figured one of the two left was a quiter and just now candled it again and was sure of it, opened in and it was a nasty mess, figured it quit maybe a week ago. (gross) However the other looks totally dark, my incubator went to high two days back for a short time, may of killed the last one. We though we saw it move yesterday but no movement today yet.

4. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    I'd say wait until the 28th, my chick pipped on day 25 and hatched day 26..

5. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    [​IMG] Sorry about that.

6. thatduckguyy

thatduckguyy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    gahhh same with me :(
    cept its day 19 no internal pip nothing, guess i will wait a bit longer..

7. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    Wait until day 24 or 25. My first time hatching, only one hatched and it didn't hatch until day 30 (they duck eggs).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by