Day 22 and still nothing

I feel your pain....I am also on day 22 and still nothing. I opened a couple eggs this morning only to find several empty eggs, 1 dead chick and 1 live chick that died a few minutes later....I'm totally depressed. They say to wait until day 25 before opening the eggs but I couldn't wait and I had a gut feeling that most of them were empty.
Be Strong my friend....keep faith
fl.gif

awwwwww
hugs.gif
I have the feeling I'm gonna be right with you guys! I just put 5 in lockdown, but when I candled them first only 2 moved. (they all moved yesterday) I thinks it's a combination of weather, and beginners mistakes. I guess we will see
fl.gif

Hopefully they'll surprise us all and we'll have chickies in the morning!

fl.gif
My eggs on my first hatch stopped moving right before they pipped. I *think* the wiggling is from them getting into position. Then they pip. ETA: And they rest A LOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know you must be really anxious,
barnie.gif
I've been in that situations a couple times. Don't open the 'bator and don't mess with the eggs. Sit on your hands if you need to.
he.gif
Wait until day 25 before doing anything.
thumbsup.gif
A couple degrees too cold in the 'bator can result in chicks a couple days late.
wink.png
By all means though, don't try to "help" them because you'll most likely end up killing them anyways.
th.gif
hit.gif
If you see the egg wiggle, that means that the chick is on it's way.
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif
Did you candle the eggs?
big_smile.png

What temp were the eggs incubated at? If they were a little cooler then I think 22+ days is to be expected. I really hope you get a pip or something soon. I can't imagine the wait
caf.gif

Amy's Animals :

I know you must be really anxious,
barnie.gif
I've been in that situations a couple times. Don't open the 'bator and don't mess with the eggs. Sit on your hands if you need to.
he.gif
Wait until day 25 before doing anything.
thumbsup.gif
A couple degrees too cold in the 'bator can result in chicks a couple days late.
wink.png
By all means though, don't try to "help" them because you'll most likely end up killing them anyways.
th.gif
hit.gif
If you see the egg wiggle, that means that the chick is on it's way.
jumpy.gif
celebrate.gif
Did you candle the eggs?
big_smile.png

I candled them the day of Lockdown and they were all moving, cept my easter eggers I couldnt tell cuz of the green shell but it looked like they were moving.​

jumpy.gif
If they were moving I wouldn't be worried too much. Those temperature fluctuations shouldn't do any damage. Is the humidity high enough? I would have it at least 60%, just for good measure. Just wait, they'll come!
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom