Day 22 chick #2 hatched.

Corey NC

Songster
12 Years
Mar 28, 2007
North Carolina
Alright it is day 22 on my seramas, the second chick hatched and it is identical to the first.

There are 4 more eggs that had been moving on day 18 and one egg that is/was fully developed but I saw no movement on day 18. Should I go ahead and candle/pip these eggs? I don't want to wait too long and then they die.....

This is one of those situations where I am very hesitant to tell you what to do.

Candle them and see if you can see signs of life.

Beyond that you have to decide what you need/want to do.

Sorry I am pitiful help this morning.

I'm having the worst hatch also. Usually I hatch at least 95% but I don't know if it is to the fact I was in the Hosp when they needed water added or what. I candled mine and they were all moving. Today is day 22 and I have one that hatched on day 20 and one that hatched yesterday I have two more pipped but not making progress. The temp and humidity are fine.. the ones I want to hatch are not hatching. Oh, well. I will just wait.

yep temps were steady right at 100 the whole incubation time.

I'm going to candle now and pip any that look alive.

wish me luck.

Well I think the rest are dead.

None of them have internally pipped, no movement or peeping.

I'll leave them in for a couple more days but I am not holding my breath.

my hatch also hasnt been going to well either, i have shipped buff orpington eggs in the still air right now. One hatched, i helped it late yesterday evening, it seemed in distress, it had started zipping finally after 24 hours after piping. I think it was getting tired, the inside membrane was white all the way around when i chiped the shell off. I do have 2 more pipping, *happy dance*

I have a Hovabator circulated air model, temps in it have been between 98 and 100, humidity from the 50s to 40s. I fill the water with warm water, it goes to about 55ish, then i let it drop down to 40, 39 and add more water.

I hatch in a still air littlegiant temp bounces between 100 and 102, though a morning or 2 these past few days i've goten up and it was 96!!! Humidity for the most part is between 70 and 80, though its dipped down into the 60s here and there also.

Question..........most of you old time wood bators were made from Oak?? I am serioiusly considering trying to build one that works but looks nice also. Mabe i can hide it in the living room, DH will never know right if it just looks like a prety cabnet?

chickhamm
Theressa

Back
Top Bottom