Day 22 for 26 eggs we have lots of pips cute babies.

equine chick

Crowing
14 Years
Feb 9, 2007
Volant Pa Lawrence County
I originally started with 36 eggs. They are cuckoo marans, blue andulsians, buff orps and welsummers. There were 5 broken, the other 5 were either unfertile or blood rings. The rest extremely active babies. I have to work a double shift, daughters home from college and hopefully by tomorrow night I will get a few pips.

Last edited:
i got my fingers crossed
jumpy.gif

Nothing yet, saw a lot of movement so I think we will see somehting later today. I hope. I peeked real fast at two eggs since humidity was at 72% and the are just hitting the air cell, but lots of movement.

I finally got a pip this morning and we have 4 chicks and 10 more pips. It seems like everytime I look there's another pip. I guess these guys are late bloomers. So far we have 2 cuckoo marans and one welsummer and one blue andulusian.

Last edited:
Congrats. I have 23 Silkie, Silver Sebright, and mixed bantam eggs on day 20. I had to add more water to the incubator and the sponge in the incubator, so I candled a couple eggs quick, and some chicks are pipping through the air sac, and others are through the air sac and pecking on the shell. Hopefully when I wake up there will be some chicks or some pips. I also have a goose egg on day 26 that the gosling has pipped though the air sac and is pecking on the egg.
jumpy.gif

day 23 and we have 14 chicks and two are pipping and we have some rocking yet. I did get two dead chicks, they could not quite pip out of the shell. As long as there is movement I will keep waiting.

Back
Top Bottom