Day 22-OPEND EGG-WHAT WENT WRONG?? graphic pics

stephanie1992

Songster
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
Central California (Denair/Turlock)
ok so i candled on day 22 after seeing no movement from the egg what so ever and when i candled it saw no veins or movement, so i slowly opend the egg watching for blood or movement, i opend from the air cell down. well when i opend the air cell part all i saw was the chick bottum soo the chick was upside down in the egg. And it wasnt moving at all and i saw yolk. so i dumped the chick out, came out easy, membrain on egg was dry like it was ready to hatch. maybe it died because it was upside down, bu the yolk wasnt ubsorbed at all. soo any ideas on y it died??

103601_dscn0708.jpg

103601_dscn0712.jpg

103601_dscn0714.jpg

Last edited:
It looks awfully wet for a day 22. What was your humidity during incubation? What kind of incubator were you using?

I would recommend next hatch you go to Petsmart or other pet store and invest the bit of money in a hygrometer, the humidity is very important in a hatch, I have had much better success rates since I started using one. Is the liquid in the bottom of that dish the amount that came out of that egg? It may look like not much, but in an egg that is a LOT of moisture!

I'm so sorry...I went through this last week and its heartbreaking.
hugs.gif
You can buy a thermometer/hygrometer at Walmart for $9 if you have one located close to you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom