Day 22 or 23 Lots of rocking no pips

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Mriker03, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Mriker03

Mriker03 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2011
    Indiana
    I set my eggs at midnight on 1-11-12 so I think it's day 23 some say day 22 so idk for sure. 12 chicken eggs some rocking like crazy still no pips or peeps . I need to step away from the bator ! So my question is if they are just running a little slow will they still hatch ? Or at some point has the process gone to long and the chicks die ? I ask because at day 18 I candled and locked down so if they were running behind they haven't been turned since then. Thanks for any info . Sorry for all the newbie questions :rolleyes:

2. Syharrison

Syharrison Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2011
    just leave them in their and wait :) they will survive on their yolk-sac food for a good while i think 3 days not sure so you have plenty of time to see try not to help them unless a good 2 days has passed good luck :)

3. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    Give them time to hatch until 25th day, My eggs was like yours, but they died during lockdown. I still cant figure out whats wrong... My friend open the eggs and they were fully formed. I am so sad !! I am trying again, due date Feb 21st. people thing my temps were too low. I bought three more different kinds thermometers , so I can compare the temps...

4. Mriker03

Mriker03 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 19, 2011
    Indiana
    I'm gonna give it till sat. I am so disappointed :( what a bummer! I know at day 18 all eggs had movement when I candled and locked down . Might have been my temps too. The directions said put the thermometer on top of eggs temp should be 99.5 so that's what I did. Looking around the site I think now that was to low so might not get any hatches

5. Syharrison

Syharrison Out Of The Brooder

Dec 7, 2011
    i keep my temp at 101 but humidity is a major factor in lockdown

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by