Day 22 photo session!!! Day 34 pictures added!

Thought I'd add the next set of pictures to this thread for comparisons. I took the pictures while we were outside yesterday and they are 34 days old now. They look fully feathered, but under the wings, the backs still have a lot of baby fuzz.

If anyone sees any cockerals other than the 3 I've indicated, I'd appreciate it if you'd point it out. Of the 3 boys, Mr. Feathers is definitely the Top Roo. He spends most of the time outside zooming around seeing what everyone is doing and attempting to keep order, while the other two enjoy the pecking and scratching.

Mr. Feathers, EE. He's looking more like a roadrunner most of the time than a chicken!
67997_day_34_mr_feathers_ee_01.jpg

Jade, EE. Had a hard time getting her to step away from the dust bathing group for a decent picture.
67997_day_34_jade_ee_02.jpg

Pearl, EE. The most fearful about being picked up, but she LOVES to perch on my foot. Mr. Feathers hates it and runs up to try to stare her down. When that doesn't work, he'll run around to my ankle and pushes her off.
lol.png

67997_day_34_pearl_ee_02.jpg

Peridot, EE. She's got the most tail of any of my EE's.
67997_day_34_peridot_ee_03.jpg

Topaz, EE. All dark and wild colored, then suddenly, orange and black neck feathers!
67997_day_34_topaz_ee_01.jpg

Opal, SLW. Still the smallest and she is still the one that likes to perch on me the most.
67997_day_34_opal_slw_01.jpg

Granite, SLW. Lowest ranking of the three boys. He keeps a very low profile.
67997_day_34_granite_slw_01.jpg

Ruby, GLW.
67997_day_34_ruby_glw_01.jpg

Amber, GLW. She's always the first to try out new treats from me.
67997_day_34_amber_glw_03.jpg

Galena, dk Brahma. A sweetie. She always likes to separate herself from the group to get a good sun nap in when we go outside.
67997_day_34_galena_brahma_03.jpg

Garnet, dk Brahma. The first to get picked up every time. I think she's made the connection with being picked up and going outside
67997_day_34_garnet_brahma_01.jpg

The Rock, buff Orp. the #2 cockeral. He's started challenging the pullets a little, but will duck his head and run if Mr. Feathers comes over.
67997_day_34_rock_bo_01.jpg

The two buff Orp pullets. I still can't tell them apart enough for names.
sad.png

67997_day_34_no_name2_bo_01.jpg

67997_day_34_no_name1_bo_01.jpg

You could make different color Duck-Tape leg bands for the BO's. OR you could name them somthing like "henny and penny" and whoever you feel like picking up first is the first name (they would share a name) OR you could just name them the BO sisters
smile.png
many choices. I've done all of the above mutiple times with RIR and BR's and such.

Back
Top Bottom