We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

Day 22!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Gemgem11, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Gemgem11

Gemgem11 In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2019
    Norfolk uk
    Hi all
    So here’s what’s happening I had eggs with a broody hen and she abandoned them at day 17 I brought them inside and warmed them up every one said it would probably be 2 late but I made a make shift incubator any way! Checked them later that night and they were all still alive, day 18 they were also alive I know there has been a dip in temp but seems ok now so today is day 22 about 10pm last night 1 egg pipped and another moved have woken up this morning 2 more have pipped (not the one I saw moving) and the 1 that pipped has cracked slightly more but I don’t see any movement or holes or any thing is this normal? I have never hatched any thing before myself and any one I know that has had had an incubator I’m worrying about them and it’s driving me crazy lol In total there are 8 eggs as removed the ones with no life after they were abandoned and cold, any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

2. Gemgem11

Gemgem11 In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2019
    Norfolk uk
    Just to add I just checked and 1 more has pipped I’m just worried about the lack of progress on the cracked one I hope it can breathe!!

3. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

Yes..Keep waiting. Do you hear Peeps coming from the eggs? Generally takes about 12 hours after pip till they hatch.

4. Gemgem11

Gemgem11 In the Brooder

Jun 28, 2019
    Norfolk uk
    The one I was worried about has hatched came home to check on it and it was just popping out!! Another has a big hole and can see the beak seems to be panting a bit hope it’s ok hopefully just all the hard work!

5. chickens really

chickens really Crazy Call Duck Momma

That's great news...:thumbsup..:jumpy

BirdsBeesTrees and Gemgem11 like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: