Day 23--got a pip in my mini-bator!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by selinagil, Mar 4, 2009.

1. selinagil

selinagil Chillin' With My Peeps

I have to leave for work in 2 hours--if the chick hatches out will he be ok in the minibator till I get home?[​IMG] I'm so excited and worried!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  2. Eggzactly

Eggzactly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 8, 2008
    marietta
    yes it should be ok

3. selinagil

I hope so--it's so small in there--I should've taken the other egg out already--I could tell it wasn't developed right.

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    [​IMG]

Im just excited that someone got something to hatch in one of those things , tell me all about it .[​IMG]

5. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Waiting for an update please. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. stumble_n_mumble

stumble_n_mumble Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 23, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    i used the same bator for my eggs and it was very successful. weird right? lol sometimes you get none from a professional bator and this cost us like 25 bucks lol

7. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    See I am shocked by that [​IMG]I was gonna get one they have one for 20 at my feed store but then while i was looking for info everyone was saying how aful it was and I coudnt find a post anywhere by anyone saying they had been able to hatch something from it.

8. selinagil

OK evryone My chick is here!!!!!!!!!! It's sooooo cute--Half Buff Orpington and I think half Black Australorp. It had to be either BA or Barred Rock and it's got black feet so I'm going with BA. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. selinagil

Quote:I just followed the included instructions and kept my house temp around 72 degrees---that was really the only catch---it's so small that outside temp variations really bothered it, but it was stable once I kept the house stable. I put some water in the bottom and turned my 2 eggs 3 times a day. My chick was late, but better late than never!!!!! [​IMG]

10. luckygarden

luckygarden Out Of The Brooder

Mar 19, 2008
    Leander TX
    congratulations [​IMG]:thumbsup:thumbsup

cannot wait mine will be hatch next week

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by