DAY 23. NO HATCH AND NOT SURE WHATS WHAT!!!! UPDATE.....DAY 24 AND ALLS NOT WELL PLEASE HELP!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LIL-HEN-lover, Apr 20, 2012.

1. LIL-HEN-lover

LIL-HEN-lover New Egg

Aug 31, 2011
    My silkie has been sitting on eggs for 23 days. She started with 6 but only has 3 left as 2 got broken and 1 stopped growing.
    She has been an amazing sitter but was moved from the garden to our house after a rat got in her cage on day 2 of incubation.

Our house is very noisy and she is in the quietest room of the house. I pop and see her a lot which she really doesnt mind at all but she does bwackk at the dog and kids lol.

I have looked at the eggs today while she was off eating and 2 were black with big air sacks {silkie eggs} and the other one is dark with a slanted watery looking airsack. No sound or noticable movement from any.

Its her and my first time so I dont really know what the eggs should look like or be doing now. Any advice please would be greatly appreciated. My patience is shot to bits!!

Last edited: Apr 21, 2012
  2. FireTigeris

FireTigeris Tyger! Tyger! burning bright

My pure silkie took longer then my mixed silkies, they were shorter in setting time than the larger dark Cornish - (no clue why I was hoping for a size to length correlation) She might hatch them late, good luck.

3. LIL-HEN-lover

LIL-HEN-lover New Egg

Aug 31, 2011
    Mine is pure so hopefully thats what it is then. I have deffo have just seen movement in one, it seems as though its pushing on the membrane so fingers crossed.

It is the only one that is dark but i can see the vessells but I cant see any on the other 2 eggs.

Really, I just wanted to know what anyone thinks of this watery look in the air sac.

ooohhhh its sooo exciting. Hope I get a hatch

4. lisaequine1

lisaequine1 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 28, 2012
    Milford, OH
    Did your eggs ever hatch? I have eggs under two broodies that are at day 23 and 21. Nothing has happened yet and I'm wondering how long to wait.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by