Day 23 ,now day 24 ,12:15 am / day 24 ,8:45 am no one made it

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken delighted, Jun 26, 2011.

1. chicken delighted

chicken delighted Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2011
    mesick,michigan
    it is now day 23 and i am going CRAZY. [​IMG]
    i just add water to the rings in the incubator, (should i have done this) i had been very careful not to overload it. but now i think i might not have had the right amount of humity. order hydomeater on friday.wish they would tell you this is a good thing to have when you get the incubator. i have a little gaint still air at tihs point i am not happy with it.
    how much longer should i wait ? we saw the eggs moving yesterday but nothing happen. [​IMG]

just cant give up . please send any information or adivice
    does any one have any information on how much humity should be in incubators from begining to end?

1:45 pm WE HEAR PEEPING I AM TRYING TO KEEP COOL BUT I WANT TO GO IN AND GET THE LITTLE GUY out , BUT I KNOW I MUST WAIT TO SEE WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT this is sooooooooooooooooo hard i wll keep in forming as the day goes on [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2011
  2. crawfordmama

crawfordmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    The Lakes Region, NH
    I feel your pain! I just used an LG for my first hatch and had the hardest time getting to maintain a temperature even in the ballpark of where it should be, and getting humidity up after day 18 was difficult as well. Starting on day 18 I believe the recommended humidity is 60-70%. I just kept adding warm water and wet paper towels to keep it up.

I'd say if yesterday you saw movement but haven't had any pips, wait for a bit. Try to keep the humidity up, because the inner membrane may have dried out, making it difficult to pip.

ETA: Humidity from the beginning should be around 45%, but everyone has their own method or percentage that seems to work for them.

Good luck! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  3. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    This is how I get my humidity up in my LG and it works well.
    [​IMG]

4. farmgirlforever18

farmgirlforever18 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 5, 2010
    Dublin TEXAS
    Good luck hope it works out for you

5. dandydoodle

dandydoodle Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2010
    georgia
    Feel your pain I am on day 23 also. [​IMG]

Good luck.

6. chicken delighted

Mar 26, 2011
    mesick,michigan
    12:03 am now we are heading into the 24 day .
    i have found the egg in which the chick is peeping. no piping yet. i have boosted the hunmity up with the jar of water and sponge. but since i have no way of telling if it is the right amount , (any one doing this for the frist time buy a hydromeater )i will have to leave the rest in the hand of the real person in charge to see what will happen next.

is this fun or what [​IMG]
    i am goin to get some sleep i hope to report when i wake i see a chick
    signing off sleepless in michigan

Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
  7. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    mine still didnt hatch either but she pipped and maybe started zipping but that was last night and this morning still no chick. now im on the 23rd day and she isnt even peeping or moving anymore. i hope both of ours hatch soon [​IMG]

8. chicken delighted

Mar 26, 2011
    mesick,michigan
    we lost our batch [​IMG] the one that was chripping was still doing it at 6 but by 8 it was gone i feel awful i did not go in and get it ,but when i went in after no sound i noticed that the navel area was big and that it had not even broke thur the air sack, also ayellow jelly like subtanc was around the belly (mushy chick ?)so if i am right i think i did not have enough humity and my temps where to low. all other chicks had formed but no one got thru the air sack. it makes me sick [​IMG] poor things
    i am trying agian i hope this work because i do not like to toss life away. way to preious
    if any has any words of wisdom send them on
    thanks every one for your help!

9. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    mine died too we tried to help it but it was already dead
    [​IMG]

10. chicken delighted

Mar 26, 2011
    mesick,michigan
    Quote:this stinks [​IMG]
    i am so sorry [​IMG] mine was like that to what went wrong do you think ? i am so sad over our loses i just enjoy my birds so much.
    my whole batch gone [​IMG] do you have any suggestions?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by