1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

day 23 pleaseee helpppppp!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kookykate328, Jun 27, 2011.

1. kookykate328

kookykate328 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2011
    today is the 23rd day and one egg pipped last night but died this morning [​IMG] there are still 13 eggs in the incubator. the temp is 99.5 degrees but the humidity is at about 52% wont go up even with boths trays filled, 2 wet papertowels and 1 washcloth
    will anymore hatch????????????????

2. BroosterSpringsteen

BroosterSpringsteen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    NW North Carolina
    Today was day 23 for me as well. My other chicks hatched earlier, but I had 6 eggs left, all of which were moving at lockdown. So today I moved the 4 hatched chicks to the brooder, and quickly candled the remaining eggs...no movement, no sound. They didn't make it.

I you had a pip today, it might be that your temp was low, and your eggs developed late, so it's not impossible. Is there any sound or movement? If you have no external pips, you might candle them. But if you have any pips, don't open the bator.

3. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    no pips ill probably try candling them. i hope they make it!!! 5 of mine hatched earlier too and i hope these 13 eggs hatch soon i dont think i hear anything and i havent seen them move

4. kookykate328

Jun 25, 2011
    still no pips...at least not any i can see

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by