Day 23 still hatching & MOLD

Polishchickenmom

Chirping
Feb 12, 2021
I am on Day 23. I noticed some dark foggy mold in the front bottom of incubator but thought nothing of it as I am almost through the whole hatch just waiting on 3 more eggs. 2 are currently hatching. I was peeking through the top watching progress when I noticed black mold in the back of the incubator. I didn't see this before until today. I think from the increased humidity it must of grown it looks like there is to quarter size rocks in there. What can I do? I don't want my chicks to die. Is there something I can do in my next hatch to prevent this??

If I noticed mold in my incubator I would immediately remove the eggs clean the incubator quickly and then put the eggs back in it.

This is the back of the incubator

Attachments

• 20210412_103911.jpg
    20210412_103911.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 12
Even if there's eggs currently hatching?
I would. I wouldn't leave mold in my bator for a second.

Also... I'm guessing you do not have a salt tested humidity gauge in your incubator.. Is that correct?

Usually if you see that much water on the lid of your incubator your humidity is too high.

Last edited:
I would. I wouldn't leave mold in my bator for a second.

Also... I'm guessing you do not have a salt tested humidity gauge in your incubator.. Is that correct?

Usually if you see that much water on the lid of your incubator your humidity is too high.
It reads 70% humidity

Back
Top Bottom