Day 23 still no peeping?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chicken_neighbour, Sep 16, 2011.

1. chicken_neighbour

chicken_neighbour Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    Do you think they are dead? There was still some movement yesterday but my neighbour has been out today so not seen any movement. She candled this morning and said the beak hadnt penetrated the air sac. Do you think there is any hope??? Day 21 we saw alot of movement and thought we heard calling but it was the incubator (first time she has done this and I am a total novice)

2. Bantam Username

Bantam Username Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2011
    Wiltshire, UK
    Not sure, I hope you get an answer soon, if its not hatched by tomorrow, personally I'd open it to see whats happenening. Start at the rounded end of the egg which opens it into the air sac, if you see any blood whilst opening it, stop immediately and put it back into the incubator. [​IMG]

3. chicken_neighbour

chicken_neighbour Out Of The Brooder

Sep 14, 2011
    Trouble is I am going away for the weekend and like I said it is my neighbours egg/s (there is a possibility of two being formed) I will try to go over tomorrow morning before I go away and let her know. I did tell her to leave them in the bator until day 28 as that is what I had read but it is such a shame if she has lost the whole clutch (10 were deffo bad and we took them out the other day)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by