day 23. very late.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by MaranDude, May 2, 2009.

1. MaranDude

MaranDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    On my Computer
    All of this incubation the temp. has fluctuated between 95 and 100, which i knew would make the eggs really late. So i convinced myself that they were all dead to cusion the blow if they all really do die.
    but i woke up this morning on day 23 to see a pipped egg, with a chick starting to peep! That was at about 8 o'clock and the hole hasn't gotten any bigger, what's it doin in there?
    Does anyone think theres hope for the other 7?

the humidity is between 60 and 70, plenty of ventilation, and im even playing them classical music.

2. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    they can be pipped for quite a while , I just had a baby hatch that was pipped from last night about 9ish maybe till about noon today , the then proceded to zipp and hatch in like an hour , I have had chicks be pipped for up to about 18-20 hours and some that did it all with in like 2 , I would maybe find a way to up the humidity a tiny bit withought opening hte bator maybe though.
    Good luck

3. MaranDude

MaranDude Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2008
    On my Computer
    so maybe like 75% humidity? I can squirt in some water through one of my ventilation holes.

4. gabrielle1976

gabrielle1976 Overrun With Chickens

Feb 21, 2009
    Columbia river gorge
    I would just cause youre little pip is takeing its time , moister never hurt even though its probly just being lazy [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by