day 23 wife is buggin

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ninabl, Jun 11, 2011.

1. ninabl

ninabl Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 3, 2010
    franklin ky
    still waiting its day 23 now still no hatch but its moving in there. the wife keeps tell \\in me to bust in there and pull it out. im trying to hold off. the brown egg is on day 23 and the white one is on day 21

[​IMG]

2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I have absolutely no hatching experience, and feel for your wife as I have very little patience, but everything I've read says that breaking the eggs and "helping" would in fact kill them. We need a smiley that is sitting on it's hands or chewing on a rope or something. [​IMG]

3. ninabl

Nov 3, 2010
    franklin ky
    yeah i had someone on here say to wait till day 25 or 26 befor chisseling a hole in it. i googled it and everything i could find said a chick cant live in it past 25 days.... i dont know. i dont want to lose it if i can help it but dont want to have a stroke over it ether

4. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    How come your ball python is nameless?

5. ninabl

Nov 3, 2010
    franklin ky
    i dont know. lol i just never named him...or her.... thats half of it, dont know if he is a he or if he is a she or she is a he...im confused. lol

6. saddina

saddina Internally Deranged

May 2, 2009
    Desert, CA
    no.

I mean it.

if you're bator temp was even a degree too low (common in home built ones) they can hatch a day or 3 late. I've had day 25 hatchers who were just fine. keep the humidity high (over 80%) and let them do thier thing.

7. ninabl

Nov 3, 2010
    franklin ky
    ok im bout to try to boost the humidity. its not that high

8. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Did they ever hatch?

9. ninabl

Nov 3, 2010
    franklin ky
    that one died. i dont think it ccould get through the membrane. i have another one that internally pipped last night (about 14 hrs ago) just waiting to see if this one makes it out.

10. floridachickhatcher

floridachickhatcher Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2011
    Hollister,FL
    i know people want to bust it out but you could do more harm than good, i have helped out 3 chicks before 2 died cause one was busted out too early even though it was past his hatch day and the other the membrane had dried to her and it was too late and the other chick believe it or not he lived and is now 2 weeks old he was already dry inside the shell! his feathers were almost fluffy! he is a miracle hatch but i hope i dont have to help them cause im always afraid of hurting them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by