Day 24 and not a peep

cheraboo

Songster
11 Years
Aug 24, 2008
Michigan
This is our first try with eggs so I'm a bit worried. We stopped the egg turner at day 18 and have not touched the eggs since then. Temp has been right around 100 til just now ... Jacob checked it and it was up to 110. Now I'm afraid we baked our babies
hit.gif
hit.gif

Awww, I have no idea what to say except I'm very sorry to hear of your trouble. Hang in there, the first batch is always the hardest, be it to watch or the loss.
Hang in there!
hugs.gif

What you need to be concerned about is not these eggs but the spike in your incubator temp. I'm guessing that you would like to give hatching another try? If so, then you need to figure out the temp.

Did you 'play' with the temp at all during the incubation?

Was there a sudden change of temp in the room where you have the incubator?

These are the important questions.

Quote:
The temp has been consistant these past few weeks. The 'bator is next to my bed, so no changes in room temp. The only thing I can think of is one of the other kids messed with the temp. We have cats but the temp control is a knob so I don't think they could have done it.

Quote:
We'll give it a try and see what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed.
fl.gif

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

All of the chicks are dead. One of them wasn't even really developed, so that one was gone a long time ago. The other four still had about half of their yolks left. They were fully formed so I'm a chicken killer
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

No, just a learner.

If you are sure about the temps and your humidity was fine then I've give it another shot.

Kids will be kids.

Back
Top Bottom