Day 24 Eggs not hatching yet! What do i do?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tmfineg, Feb 5, 2012.

1. tmfineg

tmfineg Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2012
    Gallatin TN
    Have 3 eggs in bater. 2 moved a little yesterday so the were alive on day 23. I fully expected to wake up to cheeping chicks today. This is my first hatch. Do they roll around alot before hatching? I am concerned because of the lack of activity in the bater.

2. tmfineg

Jan 1, 2012
    Gallatin TN
    One egg moved slightly, still alive. How long will this go on????

3. DangerChickenHouse

DangerChickenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    What breed do you have?

4. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    They are BO and BB. How is your humidity, and have you been opening the Bator?

5. DangerChickenHouse

DangerChickenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    My BO haven't began to hatch either. Day 21. I wonder if it has something to do with the breed.

6. DDDMIchicks

DDDMIchicks Out Of The Brooder

Jan 23, 2012
    I'm on day 23 with 6 still waiting to hatch and its driving me crazy!!! I had 3 hatch on day 21 but nothing since. [​IMG] I think I'm seeing a little movement in the eggs but it might just be wishful thinking!!

7. tmfineg

Jan 1, 2012
    Gallatin TN

Humidity is good 65-71.

I opened bater once yesterday and once today. I did it quick and misted it so humidity went back up quick. On day 23 I had 1 egg moving (Fluffy) so I left it alone. I candled the other 2. It was hard to see anything and I thought they were both quitters. I put them back then a few minutes one of them moved!! (Lola)

Today I quickly candled fluffy since there had not been movement since about 8:00 pm last night. Egg is dark can't see anything. Lola moved slightly, but no movement from Fluffy yet today.

Temp is 100.5 - 101 today.

8. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Every time you open the Bator during lockdown you decrease chances of hatching. I know it is hard to wait, but that is the thing to do during lockdown;-)

9. rottiesrme51

rottiesrme51 Out Of The Brooder

Jun 5, 2010
    miamisburg,ohio
    where does one buy a humidity thermometer? I am starting all over again to try and hatch eggs. how does one keep water n bator during lockdown?

10. Squawkbox

Squawkbox Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 25, 2011
    Humidity thermometer= Hygrometer. Can be purchased anywhere really..Walmart, hardware stores etc. Then it needs to be calibrated.
    The way I add water is I took a water bottle, popped a hole in the lid (just a tiny one) then shoved a straw through it. Then put the straw in the vent and squeeze the bottle. Easy peasy [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by