Day 24 help advice needed

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by New2chickensnky, Jun 8, 2008.

1. New2chickensnky

New2chickensnky Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    Hello all..
    On day 21 we had 17 chicks hatch. It is not day 24 and still have about that many eggs left int eh bator with no signs of piping or rocking , but we are wondering how late they can actually hatch ? I know I have read somewhere that some people do nto get chicks till day 23 or so , and we do not want to get rid of the eggs if there is a chance. When we candled them on day 14, there was signs of life and I just do not know what to do . thanks for your advice ..

2. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    You could try candling them to check for any movement, but at day 24 it is doubtful they are still alive.

Sorry. [​IMG]

3. New2chickensnky

New2chickensnky Out Of The Brooder

Feb 18, 2008
    Thanks ,,, I will look at them this evening and if no movement , then we will have to get rid of them and start on the next hatch. Thanks for the advice .. Does it sometimes takes some chicks longer . This was our first sucessful hatch and so we really do not know a whole lot about it all yet, but do you know the basics , like how late or early one can hatch?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by