1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 24 no pips

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jayers, May 9, 2008.

1. Jayers

Jayers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    NE Illinois
    :(Of my six remaining eggs, none have pipped, we're on day 24. Should I give it 1 or 2 more days? My temp has been slightly low, I'm hoping it is causing a delay. What do you think?

2. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

What has you temp. been? I would candle them and if there is no movement throw them out. If there is movement bump up the humidity and see what happens.

3. Jayers

Jayers Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2008
    NE Illinois
    Temp has been around 99, but dipping down into 98's. For some reason all of a sudden I can't get it regulated right. One small adjustment will send it to 101+. My humidity has been reading a little low, I 'm having a hard time keeping that up too despite all the moss I have packed in there. I have been feeding in water via tubing through a hole in the top.

4. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

I would candle them and check for movement. if there is movement take a clean sponge and soak it in hot water , and put it in the incubator to bump the humidity up.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by