Day 24 of incubation and no movement

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by jenren34, Oct 28, 2008.

1. jenren34

jenren34 New Egg

Sep 20, 2008
    Ohio
    My son is incubating Silver Phoenix and New Hampshire Reds, the eggs were moving on day 19 and 20. Only had one hatch. We are now on day 24, and no movement. I don't understand what could of happened. Has anybody ever had this happen before? We will hold out hope for one more day then see whats inside. Thank you.

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Sometimes if you tap on the shell you can hear peeping. I give it 1 more day then call it quits. Hope they hatch for you

3. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:Well first [​IMG]

What have the temps been and what incubator are you using? If the temps got a little low the hatch could delay. I had that happen and got hatches on Day 23 & 24

4. jenren34

jenren34 New Egg

Sep 20, 2008
    Ohio
    Our temps have been 97-99. As a mom it feels as if your losing one of your own. I don't know if I can go through this again. My 16 year old son had to leave for a convention the last 4 days of the hatch, so I was in charge of the eggs. I have my fingers(and toes) crossed that there's still hope but I think I failed. Thank you all for the help. This site is great!!! Jennifer

5. lockedhearts

lockedhearts It's All About Chicken Math

Apr 29, 2007
    Georgia
    Quote:If you are using a forced air 99.5 is normal, so they may be delayed. Don't give up yet.

6. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    your temps were too low, but there may still be hope. I would give them a few more days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by