Day 24 on call duck eggs - 2 whites making progress (1:41am)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by CelticOaksFarm, May 5, 2011.

1. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    Getting excited here now that we ar day 22, cant wait for next week to get here. So hoping for a good hatch.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2011
  2. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:You're ducklings are due Sunday. Keep an eye on those air cells and make sure they are where they need to be!
    Good luck and hope you end up with many cute ducklings!
    We will definitely be needing to see pictures, of course. [​IMG]

3. CelticOaksFarm

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    I have been checking them every other day so far so good. Air cells are solidly placed, movement in all eggs as of yesterday when I checked them. 12 white and 9 gray set. Can't wait for next week so the waiting will be over. Of course I will share pics too.

4. ourlittleflock

ourlittleflock Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2009
    North Carolina
    [​IMG] hoping for the best

5. SilverPhoenix

SilverPhoenix Bantam Fanatic

Dec 15, 2009
    Penn Valley, CA
    Best of luck! I just hatched two black east indies ducklings a few days ago and they are doing great. May your call ducklings hatch and do well, too! [​IMG]

6. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:I have a hatch due on Monday so we may be pacing together. [​IMG] I have several different colors(Snowy, Pencil, Black, White and Blue Fawn Pied) set.
    On day 24, check to make sure they are rockin' and rollin' in there and trying to break the air cell.
    Poor little tiny Calls are such LAZY hatchers that a lot of times, you have to assist them out of the shell-I know MANY people will tell you never to help, but I disagree 1000% when it comes to Call ducklings.

7. CelticOaksFarm

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    I will be watching like a hawk this weekend for sure. Thanks for the tips. They ate in egg cartons right now, the pulp style cut way down to allow airflow. Can they hatch in them, or should I take them out?

8. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    Quote:I would go ahead and take them out next time you turn. What is your humidity running right now?
    Sorry, I fret over OTHER PEOPLE'S Call duck hatches, too...I have issues! [​IMG]

9. CelticOaksFarm

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    They were 40-50% I started raising it yesterday and bumped it to 65% bumping again today looking for 70-75% as my target, which I can usually hit humidity pretty spot on. We are expecting rain so raising humidity slowly so it doesn't spike.

10. easttxchick

Aug 3, 2009
    Great! I just want you to have a fantastic hatch.
    The world needs more Call ducks, in my opinion. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by