day 25 for my silkie eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mrsengeseth, Oct 21, 2008.

1. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

And not a single pip. I am so bummed. they were doing pretty well, even up to day 19 or so. ANd i was pretty sure i saw something day 23. But I don't think I will have any of these hatch from the looks of things. I could cry [​IMG]

I have a few mutts from the farmers market eggs in there on day 19 right now, so maybe one of those will hatch.

DH said i could order some day olds from Ideal. So i will have some babies, but...really...I wanted these boogers to hatch. I don't know what I am gonna do.

2. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    You should try making a hole in the air sac end of one of the eggs, to see if the chick is moving.
    I know the other day you said you thought you had seen some moving. I hope you were right and get lots of babies! [​IMG]

3. Poulets De Cajun

Poulets De Cajun Overrun With Chickens

welcome to my world......

At the beginning of summer I lost over 20 something eggs.... at the end of summer I lost another dozen or so..... two weeks ago, I had to throw out 28 infertile eggs......

With the amount of people complaining that they have had bad, or no hatches this year, I am quite convinced that there is something going on atmospherically that is affecting everyone.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2008
  4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Awwww, so sorry !!!!! Did your temps drop at all day 1-18 that would of made them late ??

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by