It was my first (and possibly) only hatch. I acquired some eggs and while I've always wanted chickens, this was a bit rushed. I thought it was "set & forget" but I was Day 10 into this and then realized I was in way over my head! The fact that 3 hatched is nothing but a miracle honestly. I got one of those styrofoam incubators. Temp was pretty steady for the most part. Humidity in the 50-60% range (I think?) and then lockdown at 70%. Current temp is 99/100 and humidity is at 70%-75%. I have opened the lid several times at this point to remove duds, live chicks, a float test, and once a day nighttime candeling. Anyway, out of the 8, 3 hatched (so stinking adorable). 3 were duds at different points in the process. 1 has trouble hatching (breached) and I helped her hatch. She ended up having mushy chick syndrome and died last night in my hands (I'm still a mess. I'm talking puffy eyes, mascara down the cheeks, took the day off work, MESS!!). 1 egg is left. We are at day 25. Float test is good. I have a rhythmic back and forth movement on the egg. It kind of reminds me of the labored breathing of the chick that passed away. There is no pip. I think I've heard a weak chirp from inside every so often. After the disasterous experience of the chick that died because of the assisted hatching, I'm not to keen to help this one hatch. I'm not saying I won't do it....but I may need some serious therapy afterwards. My thoughts are the following and would appreciate any input: 1) My fear is that this one also has that mushy chick infection which is the reason it has not hatched. 2) It's dying a slow death. 3) Waiting any longer for the inevitable seems cruel - for both of us. 4) I have 3 chicks....should I get 1 more from the store and introduce it to the flock (after taking all necessary precautions) so that there is an even number? (This might be a better question for another section of the forum) 5) Not gonna lie. Would love to have a chick hatch at day 30 and her/him be healthy. I feel those chances grow slimmer by the day. At this point, I would love any input, personal experiences, and quickest way to let the chick pass if it won't be hatching. Thank you in advance.