Day 26 for my Seb. Goose egg! YAY pictures addes

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tebs78, Feb 25, 2008.

1. tebs78

tebs78 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2008
    Well I am a bit more encouraged after a successful hatch. I have my R-Com filled with 9 sebastopol geese eggs

and my genesis filled with 18 eggs a mixture of Old English, Silkies and Naked Neck X eggs (thanks Karen) and Some one gave me locally 5 RR eggs.

I can't wait!!! Yippeeee!

UPDATE: Well 6/9 made it thus far. 1 had a broken air sac for sure and 2 just didn't do anything so they got tossed a week ago. The egg turner was stopped today and taken out. I just can't hardly wait now! I should have little goslings right before Easter with any luck. I am thinking Thursday or Friday. From people I have bought my eggs from and from past hatches they have hatched out around day 28.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  2. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

Good luck Tebs!

3. ZooZoo

ZooZoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2007
    Northern New Jersey
    Good luck with your hatch.[​IMG]
    Is it the r-com 20? If so, what do you think of it? Does it have good hatch rates. I'm thinking of buying it.

4. tebs78

Jan 1, 2008
    I love my r-com 20! The only thing I am noticing is the stinking humidity sponge dries out so quickly. I had to order another sponge, but was wondering if there is a way to make your own? Any other rcom owners out there do that

My last hatch rate was 50% for shipped eggs. I do not have my own eggs to compare. But it seems to hold temp and humidity very VERY well!

5. fallenweeble

fallenweeble Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 4, 2007
    hey tebs, i've noticed the same thing about my r-com sponge too.
    but other than that i love my r-com too! i agree that it keeps temp and humidity at very nice even levels!
    mine is full of serama eggs (again) at the moment . . .

good luck with those eggs and especially the goose eggs. i saw some BEAUTIFUL geese at a show last weekend and now i want some really bad. guess i'm gonna have to buy a farm now! [​IMG]
    can't wait to see gosling pics!
    [​IMG]

6. tebs78

Jan 1, 2008
    thanks!!! Yeah I begged my husband for it for xmas. He was a bit perturbed because he had wanted to surprise me by "coming up with it on his own" because he knew I had been eyeing them. Well I am terrible at surprises, lol.

I tell you what, I have ordered probably 20 sebastopol goose eggs (yikes or more!) and I am hoping to get 10ish out of it with different blood lines. If I have a TOO successful hatch rate, I might be selling some baby goslings because I can't handle too many on the ranch.

7. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    glad to hear you found some sebbies! mine as of this moment are not laying. The only things laying are my chickens, and I have an incredibly broody hen that will NEVER get off the eggs... also I get the occasional duck egg every now and then. It's too cold for them to lay. That's why I can't wait til spring when they're laying like MANIACS!!!!
    Muahahahahaha
    *Cough*
    Spring fever. Lol. [​IMG]

8. tebs78

Jan 1, 2008
    Well on day 26 and out of 9 goose eggs I have 6 still in the incubator and out of the chickens eggs, 7 hatched.

9. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Please show photos!

10. tebs78

Jan 1, 2008
    SORRY THESE ARE BLURRY

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Love the little skunk stripe. I have no idea what kind all of these are. I just know that two are Old English, 3 or silkies and 2 are brand X as I were told they were RIR's from a gal locally.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by