1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 26 Goose Eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by lorriejd, May 18, 2009.

1. lorriejd

lorriejd Out Of The Brooder

Apr 29, 2009
    Punta Gorda FL.
    Im on day 26 with goose eggs, I have read so many different things regarding when to stop turning the eggs. Can someone tell me when to stop turning them. Also what should the hummity be at this time I have it between 58-65. Thanks

2. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    Hi, I am no expert but I also have goose eggs in my incubator. Everything I have read says to stop turning the last 3 days. For humidity I think the main consensus is anywhere from 60's up to 75 percent. Good luck and I look forward to hearing how it goes.

3. lorriejd

Apr 29, 2009
    Punta Gorda FL.
    Thanks, So stop turning tomorrow day 27?

4. NancyP

NancyP Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Bonifay,Florida
    sounds good.

5. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

What breed are they? With my toulouse, I stop turning on day 26.

6. lorriejd

Apr 29, 2009
    Punta Gorda FL.
    I have 3 Sebastopol Goose and only 1 Toulose. I bought my daughter 4 Toulose but only one made it this far. Do you think being on day 26 they have a good chance of making it? All four had movement today. Also do you know where I can get any more Toulose or Emdem gesse eggs? I would love to get more Sebasgtopol but they are soo much money.

Last edited: May 18, 2009
  7. lorriejd

Apr 29, 2009
    Punta Gorda FL.
    I have 3 Sebastopol Goose and only 1 Toulose. I bought my daughter 4 Toulose but only one made it this far. Do you think being on day 26 they have a good chance of making it? All four had movement today. Also do you know where I can get any more Toulose or Emdem gesse eggs? I would love to get more Sebasgtopol but they are soo much money.

8. SundownWaterfowl

SundownWaterfowl Overrun With Chickens

Quote:They should have a good chance of making it. Stop turning today and up the humidity to 75% for the hatch.

Good Luck

I do sell Toulouse goose eggs. I have 3 I can ship tomorrow. $4 per egg and $15 for shipping. I posted in your other post where your looking for goose eggs. Let me know if you want them.

9. tharrell

tharrell Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 28, 2008
    Colorado Springs
    I'm on day 26 too! Only one of my Sebastopol eggs out of six made it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

10. lorriejd

Apr 29, 2009
    Punta Gorda FL.
    Were your eggs shipped?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by