1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

day ...26?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Bearchell, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Bearchell

Bearchell Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2011
    Vancouver
    So I have 4 dozen eggs, 3 of which are on day 26 with no action. No stink, none have exploded, none are leaking or anything. the temperature was at 100 the whole time and humidity steady stopped turning at day 18 textbook incubation to my knowledge... whats going on?

2. justin24

justin24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    memphis tn
    they mite be late hatcher

3. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

Did you candle them before lock down?

4. Bearchell

Aug 19, 2011
    Vancouver
    No when i locked them down i was strapped for time so I skipped out on candling them. I know theyre fertilized so i figured it didnt really matter that much, if some hatched they hatched i wasnt in need of knowing how many might hatch, none stunk so i wasnt worried about stink bombs.

they mite be late hatcher

How late can they be?​

5. Gypsy07

Gypsy07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2010
    Glasgow, Scotland
    If your temperature was low the whole incubation, they could be slow developers and late hatchers. I've had eggs under a broody hen hatch out perfectly healthy on day 26, but in an incubator the latest I've ever had them hatch was day 22. If they hatched now there's a fair chance they wouldn't be strong and healthy. A few folk on here have ahd eggs hatch out on day 27, but that's an extreme exception rather than a common occurrence.

6. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    These are chicken eggs, right? Guineas go 26 days...

7. Bearchell

Aug 19, 2011
    Vancouver
    oh, yeah my bad I guess i forgot to say that yes they are chicken eggs....still nothing happening...

8. mstricer

mstricer Overrun With Chickens

Feb 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Sorry. Is your incubator still air forced air?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by