1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 27 no internal pipping, egg movment, or chirping

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chalis, Feb 18, 2016.

1. chalis

chalis Out Of The Brooder

Jan 9, 2016
    Morning everyone. I know I may just be overly worried but tommorrow is day 28th and there is nothing new going on as of yet. I know its supposed to take awhile after they internally pip but they havent even done that yet. Is that normal? I know I need patence but I started with 15 eggs and am down to 4 so I am worried about loosing the rest. What if 28 days comes and goes and nothing has happened? When should I honestly start to worry? Thanks:fl

2. XxMingirlxX

XxMingirlxX Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Are they chicken eggs? If so they should have hatched a week ago.

3. chalis

Jan 9, 2016
    Sorry i guess i should have put that. They are duck eggs.

4. XxMingirlxX

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    What temperature is your incubator at?
    Is it forced air or still air?

5. chalis

Jan 9, 2016
    Its been sitting at 100 and humidity is 60-65. Its a still air.It is set at at 99.8.

6. XxMingirlxX

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Your temps and humidity are a little low. It should be fine but it may mean they are a little delayed in hatching.

7. chalis

Jan 9, 2016
    Iv been fighting to keep humidity up. My air cells wernt where they should be but finally got them where where they need to be. You can still see veins in two of them but the other two are nothing but a dark mass. So you may be right.

8. chalis

Jan 9, 2016
    I woke up this morning and sometime lastnight one of the ducklings had internaly pipped. Tomorrow when i wake up will be over 24 hours. If the ducking has not broke threw the shell by then do i need to put a hole in it next to the beak? The three other eggs began to do the happy dance today and two more pipped.

9. XxMingirlxX

Dec 12, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Wait until morning and go from there, it should have externally piped by then.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2016
  10. chalis

Jan 9, 2016
    Thank u. Thats what i have been trying to find out. So if it isnt externally piped by morning i should then intervine?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by