Day 3...not in the mental ward...yet

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Vamp-A-Billy Princess, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    It's my 3rd day on the project now. Setting the eggs was a nightmare and I messed up some humidity and forgot to take one of the red plugs out and cant keep a constant temperature to save my life...but other than that I'm good. I've calmed down alot today which is a miracle for me. If I had been capable of slowing down a bit in the first place I would've done better. My homegirl that hooked me up with my eggies says everyone messes up the first time. I'm glad I have her to support me and keep supplying me eggs till I get it right. I really want these babies to hatch...if none of them do I will be so depressed. I have 29 eggs. Sizzles, frizzles,cochin,polish,maybe a buff orpington so I'll get to be surprised which is really fun. Send good vibes to me for my nerves and for my eggies...I'll report back after the candling day...

2. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Good luck!![​IMG] I have not tried it yet, but..... I think it comes along with the addiction, doesn't it?![​IMG]

3. Vamp-A-Billy Princess

Vamp-A-Billy Princess Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    Indiana
    It is definately the next step on the chicken train. I've only been goin at this a month. How many chickens will I have in a year?! My poor husband...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by