day 33 help me im goin nuts here can't sleep

rackle

Hatching
12 Years
Jun 28, 2007
i have 11 ri red brown eggs in still air inc home made have average temo at 99-101.8 and humid at 51-62 % just added h2o to pan and still no chicks one egg cracked but membrane intact how much longer do i have to wait????? help

Chicken incubation is only 21 days, you better get those rotten eggs out of your bator before they explode!!!! Don't even touch them! just take the whole bator outside and dump it...
Sorry for your loss!!!
sad.png
The temp may have been too low?? I was told 101-102 for still air bator.

Edit: OHHHH!!! Okay just 22 days!!! You scared me, lol!!! They might just be late because of low temp...there's still hope...
fl.gif
produces
fl.gif
Sorry I'm a bit dramatic but I've smelt a rotten egg before and nothing you want in your house, lol!!

Last edited by a moderator:
there is no indication of bad odor or smell why won't chicks hatch ive heard of late hatches how long should I wait for peeps?????

thanks any advice about my humidty level it is at 53% and rising now and temp at 100 what now just pace around and wait?????

53% is a bit low for hatching most times. 70% is more the norm.

Day 21 is the ideal if temp and all is perfect. If your temp was dropping low they may be day 23 before pipping. Any noise coming from the incubator? Once they have internally pipped you can often hear the chicks peeping.

i have now 1 egg with a crack but membranes are intact i can make out a chick shape but no movement at all i can also see a yellowish white speck close to membranes surface a beak i think????? I will not be able to sleep this egg seems to be swelling slightly what is up with my clutch i can't get humidity above 65% Help im afraid im cooking my peeps????!!!!
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

im no expert mate but from what I have read you can put soaking wet socks rolled up or sponges soaked in water in the incubator to bring up the humidity. Im not sure why but I have trouble keeping the humidity DOWN in my bator...it has about 3-4 tablespoons of water in it at the most and sits in the high 50s-60s humidity wise.

There was a recent post on how to "help" a baby who is stuck in the egg to prevent it from dying in the shell...i have never done it so READ the post carefully and see if you are able to try it or not.

Sorry I cant remember the name of the post but it was within the last few days.

good luck and let us know how you go.

Back
Top Bottom