Day 4.5 If I candle (edited, I candled)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by journey's end, Sep 2, 2009.

1. journey's end

journey's end Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2009
    Prince Edward Island
    will I see anything? I'm impatient about this batch and don't want to wait until tomorrow.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  2. Chickie Mamma

Chickie Mamma Farmer at Heart

Apr 20, 2008
    Sherman, CT
    I would wait another day. I know how hard it is... I usually wait til day 7, you can almost be positive of any development by then. You may see a very small red dot and some veining.

3. journey's end

Jul 17, 2009
    Prince Edward Island
    I was afraid of that. I like to candle at 5 days to see if anything is happening. I don't toss duds until day 10 though. This batch is an experiment for me. My in laws flew them across the country for me.

4. jay1995

jay1995 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2009
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I candled my before I put them in day two then im gonna candle day, day seven and so on. I like do document any changes, and plus I get really impatient during incubation. You will see veins and a small red dot bouncing in the middle of the egg. You do have to move the egg around to find the dot. Goodluck.

5. journey's end

Jul 17, 2009
    Prince Edward Island
    So I broke down and candled them. Out of 12 eggs, 7 are showing veins![​IMG] My experiment is doing great! Hopefully in 16 days I'll have a bunch of polish chicks.

6. mulia24

mulia24 Chillin' With My Peeps

congratulation.

hope you'll (and they) make it. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by