Day 4 and I SEE VEINS!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Three Cedars Silkies, Jun 2, 2008.

1. My first hatch was a total bust with MANY things done wrong by me! I was soooo excited to see veins in ALL of my eggs today. I can even see them in the Americana eggs with no problem! [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    [​IMG] Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy and congratulations!! I know how exciting that is!!!! Good luck with those babies!! What are you candling with? I had so much trouble seeing through my EE eggs!!!

3. I'm using a 3 watt LED flashlight from Lowes. I can't remember the brand...it was $29.00

4. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Judy are any of these the eggs you got from me? I hope they are doing well for you. Keep me posted ok?

Marie

5. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Quote:I'll have to check it out. I am about to put more eggs in and I want candling to be MUCH easier this time around!!!!

6. NewChickenMom

NewChickenMom Songster

May 16, 2008
    Omaha, NE
    oldtimegator!! MEEE TOOO!! [​IMG]

i saw veins in 1/6 polish/frizzle eggs, 4/5 frizzle eggs and 10/12 silkie eggs!!
    i'm still holding out hope for the ones i didn't see because its only been 4 days. i've marked those that i couldn't see and will check them again in a couple days. [​IMG] i hope they're just late bloomers

IM SO EXCITED!! my first hatch and i have veins!! GO ME!

7. Quote:I'm sorry to say that none of the silkie eggs made it. I don't think it was the eggs, I think my incubator temp swings did them in. I waited until day 10 but they were just as clear as glass. No veins, no dark spots...nothing to indicate a growing embryo.

I removed the thermostat and replaced it with a dimmer and things are stable now. I got some various fertilized eggs from a local farmer just so I can get the hang of hatching...I probably should have done that before I got the eggs from you.

After these hatch...IF these hatch...I'll let you know and see what you have available. Again, I'm sure it wasn't your eggs...just my inexperience!!

8. marie_martin

marie_martin Songster

Feb 21, 2007
    Grenada, MS
    Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I sure hope you get things straightened out. Do let me know and I will try to cut you a deal, ok? I feel terrible that the eggs did not do well. But I know how those bators can mess things up too. Just hollar at me later on and I will see what I can do ok?

Marie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by