day 6

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kjk66ss, Dec 21, 2011.

1. kjk66ss

kjk66ss Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2011
    chatsworth,ca
    ok, today is day 6 of incubating. I have 36 eggs and they are a Buff orpintons,rose comb brown leghorns, Rhode island reds. I got a little impatient and candled 2 eggs from each breed and didn't see any of the veins or spots like all the pictures and videos show. I had one egg that was cracking so I took it out and opened the egg and you can tell the egg was fertile and their was some kind of developing but nothing that I would call good formation. and their were no blood veins in there. any ideas? when I got the eggs I had a few extras that I cracked and they have all been fertile.

2. Axle Quails

Axle Quails Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    London
    You have to really wait till day 7 or day 10 because that when they show more [​IMG]

3. jamesnoldsr

jamesnoldsr Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2011
    North Central Texas
    Cracked the extras????? [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. kjk66ss

Nov 18, 2011
    chatsworth,ca
    Quote:yes i cracked open the extras because they were already cracked when they arrived. so they were no good anyways.

5. jamesnoldsr

jamesnoldsr Out Of The Brooder

May 11, 2011
    North Central Texas
    Oh, ok......nevermind. [​IMG]

6. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    At day 6, you should definitely be able to see some development. Use an egg from the fridge to candle to compare your incubated eggs to. If your incubated egg looks exactly like the refrigerator egg, then it non-fertile. This all depends on what temperature your incubator is at.
    Refrigerator egg:
    [​IMG]

Incubated egg Day 3:
    [​IMG]

7. kjk66ss

Nov 18, 2011
    chatsworth,ca
    day 14; i have RIR eggs,brown leghorns and BO. all of the RIR are devloping but none of the other seem to be doing much besides light shadowing. i sacrificed one egg and it looked pretty gross but didnt smell bad. anyways what does an egg look like when it is rotten? the one i cracked open looked like this; [​IMG] . the center was a redish color and was real sticky,didnt want to come off the shell. and the rest of the yellow kind of poped when i set it in the bag and ended up looking like in the picture. i am asking because if thats what an egg looks like rotten, then i want to get rid of the eggs but since they dont smell i would like to keep them till the end to see what the inside looks like after the 21 days. if nothing hatches

Last edited: Dec 29, 2011
  8. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    That's... really gross looking. I've never seen that before. I hope someone has an answer for you. [​IMG]

9. kjk66ss

Nov 18, 2011
    chatsworth,ca
    i know it looks gross.......anyone else have any ideas?

10. Razadia

Razadia The Odd One

Apr 7, 2011
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Only thing I could think of that could do that is maybe too high temp.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by