Day 7 candle and I've got movement! YAAH!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by 14 chickens & counting, Jan 30, 2011.

1. 14 chickens & counting

14 chickens & counting Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 6, 2011
    Buena Vista, GA
    It's day 7 and we candled our 16 eggs and we have movement in most! [​IMG] It is so neat to see this! (My son thought it was disturbing [​IMG]). Everyone on here has been so helpful and reassuring for this newbie! [​IMG]

2. ranchhand

ranchhand Rest in Peace 1956-2011

Aug 25, 2008
    SC
    [​IMG] Happy hatching!

3. magoochie

magoochie Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 26, 2010
    Grantsburg, WI
    14 chickens & counting :

It's day 7 and we candled our 16 eggs and we have movement in most! [​IMG] It is so neat to see this! (My son thought it was disturbing [​IMG]). Everyone on here has been so helpful and reassuring for this newbie! [​IMG]

What kind of rooster is in your avatar? Is it yours?

I have one that looks VERY similar and have no clue what it is. I always thought it was a mutt. Mine is full size, not a bantam.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  4. allcrackedup

allcrackedup Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    capitola
    very exciting news.. it's also day 7 for my bator i have 34 bcms and 8 olive eggers i'm going to candle tonight as well...[​IMG]

5. allcrackedup

allcrackedup Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    capitola
    rooster reply looks like an ameracana/EE to me i have an 5 month roo in the backyard now and thats what he looks like...

6. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    i thought EE's were bearded..? he looks to be salmon colored...

anyways...

i just candled a couple of days ago, and it was a bit disturbing when i candled the first one... i never knew what to expect really and it totally blew my mind... LOL... since i'm a newb, i don't know the difference or really know what to look for... i just saw some things floating in there... so i figured they were doing aight...

but this is your thread...

WooHoo!!!!... happy hatching...

7. 14 chickens & counting

Jan 6, 2011
    Buena Vista, GA
    Quote:Did you see the candling information on this site? Very good info. I really knew something was going on when I saw the veins!

8. 14 chickens & counting

Jan 6, 2011
    Buena Vista, GA
    Quote:What kind of rooster is in your avatar? Is it yours?

I have one that looks VERY similar and have no clue what it is. I always thought it was a mutt. Mine is full size, not a bantam.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/74497_img_0557.jpg

Yes...that HANDSOME man is mine [​IMG] I thought I had a Golden Duckwing Welsummer. But an experienced chicken person on here told me his colors were off. He's some kinda mix. Here is the pic I got off the internet of the GDW...[​IMG]...

and here is mine...[​IMG]

Ours do look alike...mine is full sized too!

9. gumbii

gumbii Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2010
    bell gardens, ca
    14 chickens & counting :

Did you see the candling information on this site? Very good info. I really knew something was going on when I saw the veins!

i read as much as i could... but i still saw some stuff that isn't on threads or pictures... well, i guess it's different in person... there were some that had like, veins all the way around the egg, but not as much as others on the rack... so i just left them, i'll candle them later on and see if they are growing or not...

14 chickens & counting :

Yes...that HANDSOME man is mine [​IMG] I thought I had a Golden Duckwing Welsummer. But an experienced chicken person on here told me his colors were off. He's some kinda mix. Here is the pic I got off the internet of the GDW...https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/75636_goldenduckwingwelsummercock.jpg...

and here is mine...https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/75636_dsc_0011.jpg

Ours do look alike...mine is full sized too!

this is a picture of a salmon favorelle(sp?)
    [​IMG]

that's a cross of silver wheaton, and a golden wheaton i think... i'm not sure...

i'm incubating some blue salmon OEGB's... they're from my neighbor's trio... gorgeous birds...​

10. Welsummer Rancher

Welsummer Rancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2011
    Longview, Texas
    That Golden Duckwing Welsummer roo is one gorgeous bird.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by