magikchick

~FEATHERFOOTED DIVA~
12 Years
Apr 21, 2007
SW Florida
I have 8 out of 12 growing:clap
clap.gif
clap.gif
. That's great for shipped eggs and at this time of year. I'm hoping for a frizzled cochin or 2 and a silkie or 2. Also a chance at a lavender cochin. Thanks Marie!

Marsha

Very exciting!! I'm expecting as well. I have 7 RIR that look real good and 8 BC marans that I just cant tell. Fun stuff. Good luck keep us posted.

Chef

Well that is good news. I am not at all bragging, but my eggs have consistently done well even after being shipped, that is until the latest issue with the new roo who is not getting the job done. So if you get a silkie, I would love to see. I hope you get lots of new babies soon. Congrats!

Marie

I opened the 4 that were clear, nothing in them. Two looked like the yoke had been scrambled. But I'm really excited about having 8. 50% is good odds on shipped eggs and I beat the odds so far with these.

I had 14 eggs that I started in the bator. These were the eggs I found under the coop. Out of thoes I have 5 left under 2 hens that went broody. 1 looks like it didn't make it but I'm waiting a while longer on that one. They should hatch New Years day. Marie's eggs should hatch the week after. All are bantam cochin and silkies.

Back
Top Bottom