Day 7 help please!! Questions šŸ˜…

Shugercube

Songster
Apr 17, 2022
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Hi all!! So I had been using a bright flashlight until my real candler came in. I can see SO MUCH BETTER now! And with that, comes a couple things I didnā€™t see before.

This one Iā€™m pretty sure actually has a detached air cell. Only I couldnā€™t tell with the flashlight. Iā€™ve been turning it already. Definite veining, and when sitting still, the darker area at the bottom does move like thereā€™s something bouncing off of it- but I donā€™t see an embryo at all. Should I just cull now, or wait it out? If I should wait, Iā€™m assuming I should keep it vertical from this point forward?
785E8EC1-BE85-4CDC-8B72-4F79577D45AA.jpeg

This next one I think is clearā€¦ there are *some* veins but not many at all. It also has that darker area at the bottom that appears to move when still, but again I canā€™t see an embryo.
DFF63092-E15B-487E-B939-AE8E9C7D00FB.jpeg

NOW. This one! Iā€™m 99% sure there are TWO in here. Thoughts? Iā€™m not sure what to do with thisā€¦ of course these are one of the rarer breeds that I bought (Pavloskaya).
672AA6E1-F747-4F14-BC4E-2A539D35022B.png

Video of ā€œthemā€ bouncing around:

There are a few others that looked like *maybe* there were two in there, but this one in particular left hardly any doubt in my mind. Of course all the ā€œtwinsā€ are either the AC or the Pav. šŸ™ƒ Iā€™ve read double yolkers do not hatch. Should I bother to wait it out, or just toss them now?
TIA for any input!! šŸ’•

Hi all!! So I had been using a bright flashlight until my real candler came in. I can see SO MUCH BETTER now! And with that, comes a couple things I didnā€™t see before.

This one Iā€™m pretty sure actually has a detached air cell. Only I couldnā€™t tell with the flashlight. Iā€™ve been turning it already. Definite veining, and when sitting still, the darker area at the bottom does move like thereā€™s something bouncing off of it- but I donā€™t see an embryo at all. Should I just cull now, or wait it out? If I should wait, Iā€™m assuming I should keep it vertical from this point forward?
View attachment 3093055

This next one I think is clearā€¦ there are *some* veins but not many at all. It also has that darker area at the bottom that appears to move when still, but again I canā€™t see an embryo.
View attachment 3093057

NOW. This one! Iā€™m 99% sure there are TWO in here. Thoughts? Iā€™m not sure what to do with thisā€¦ of course these are one of the rarer breeds that I bought (Pavloskaya).
View attachment 3093059
Video of ā€œthemā€ bouncing around:

There are a few others that looked like *maybe* there were two in there, but this one in particular left hardly any doubt in my mind. Of course all the ā€œtwinsā€ are either the AC or the Pav. šŸ™ƒ Iā€™ve read double yolkers do not hatch. Should I bother to wait it out, or just toss them now?
TIA for any input!! šŸ’•
Thatā€™s not 2 babies
I know it looks like it but thatā€™s the head and the bum with a long skinny back and neck between them
I wouldnā€™t remove any eggs unless they glow abd have not started or the death ( blood ring appears )
Congratulations on little ones starting )

Back
Top Bottom