Day 7 Serama eggs

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by tntstanifer, Apr 9, 2008.

1. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Ok, I feel like a mother hen [​IMG]
    I have (had) 16 Serama eggs from Frank in the incubator and decided I would try to candle them today. This is my first ever hatching eggs, so............
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I have MOVEMENT in 11 of the eggs!! I was so thrilled!! I didn't think I'd be able to see the little buggers moving right now!! I so hope they all make it![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I had 1 egg that had a definite blood ring, so I trashed it. [​IMG]

I have 1 that seems to be clear, I'm going to recheck it in a week or so. [​IMG]

I have 2 that look like the yolk or something is just floating around in there. I couldn't discern an air pocket or movement. I'm going to recheck these also in a few days.[​IMG]

And the last 1 has a dark spot like embryo growth, but no movement, no air pocket and it was very porous. I'm going to recheck it also. [​IMG]

Any comments or tips on those last 4 eggs would be appreciated.

Thanks!![​IMG]

2. orlandoluv1

orlandoluv1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 20, 2008
    spring valley , CA
    well im really not that experienced but when researching about incubating and things like that i found a website that said eggs that are really pourouse almost never hatch. I would still give it a chnace though if i was you. who knows what could happen.

3. tntstanifer

tntstanifer Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2007
    Tennessee
    Yeah, I had read the same thing. I figure I will check it again later, just for my own experience also, you know? The only ones I'm absolutely sure on were the ones with movement, and the one with the blood ring. No mistaking those things.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by