1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 8 and we have movement!!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ncchixlady, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ncchixlady

ncchixlady Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2009
    North Carolina
    My son built an incubator for his 5th grade science project and we have 8 Dominiques and 3 RIR's. We candled today and it was very hard to know what we were looking at but three eggs had definite veins and a little black speck that was moving a bit! Not sure about the other 9 but am pretty sure about these three little ones!!!

2. nstamper2000

nstamper2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    HUDSON NC
    Did you candle before today and if you did is this the first day you seen any movement. I am hatching eggs for the first time right now. I have 12 frizzles in my bator right now and they have been in there for 3 days but I am worried that I did not get them in there soon enough. Any suggestions?[​IMG]

3. ncchixlady

ncchixlady Out Of The Brooder

Mar 14, 2009
    North Carolina
    We candled on day one and there was a marked difference between then and today. One egg had what appeared to be a blood ring. We left all eggs in the incubator and will decide at day 14 whether to remove them or not. It is hard to candle if you aren't even sure what you are looking at but on three, there was definite veins and movement. He has worked soooo hard on this project that I am just hoping and praying that something hatches!!!

4. nstamper2000

nstamper2000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    HUDSON NC
    How did your hatch turn out. I did not have any hatch. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by