1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Day 8 candeling=Bummer

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SoleProvider, May 20, 2008.

1. SoleProvider

SoleProvider Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2008
    Well I recieved two sets of eggs from to different sources. One is fantastic and the other not so much. I paid more for the one set which only has one egg that might be viening.UGGGHHH. One out of 6 is not good. The other set they sent extras and all are looking good-1 might be a dud. But they are not clear like the more expensive eggs.[​IMG]

2. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] don't throw them out just yet - give them a little while longer.....

3. Buster

Buster Back to Work

Some breeds are much more fragile to ship. Blue orpingtons seem to have a low hatch rate for shipped eggs (unfortunately).

4. Eggseronious

Eggseronious Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 6, 2008
    East Tennessee
    Ive got a dozen+ in the incubator that was shipped eggs, they will be 7 days tomorrow gonna candle Thursday. Ive got another dozen+ in transit due tomorrow, and will have another dozen+ next week due in. Sometimes this is the only way to get what U want. I know that when the eggs go through the Post Office door the clock starts ticking! [​IMG] My first eggs was in transit 36-38 hrs. I candle before placing them in the incubator and all looked good, but U cant tell alot just cracks, bacteria, and such. Hopefully I will know more Thursday.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by