Day 8 I candled

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by hsm5grls, Dec 6, 2007.

1. hsm5grls

hsm5grls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    [​IMG] Yeah! out of 18 eggs I have 10 with babies for sure. Clear veining and you can see the little chick. 6 infertile and 2 questionable. I see something in there kind of dark but not real veining. I am thinking that is pretty good so far. Now I just have to wait 13 or 14 more days and I should have peeps. [​IMG]

2. Tuffoldhen

Tuffoldhen Flock Mistress

Jan 30, 2007
    WV
    Have a great time hatching!!!..... [​IMG]

3. jenichick

jenichick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2007
    NC
    Good luck!!! My last two weeks flew by but I had a lot of other things going on....keep us updated!

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to see Zaxby babies! I just put 4 of my Delaware eggs in my bator can't wait to see if they are growing in a week. I'm glad the eggs made it ok in the mail.

5. hsm5grls

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    I am thankful it is the holiday season. I have so many things going on it is impossible to just stare at the bator right now. Otherwise I would be looking in the little window all day. Not that that speeds things up or anything. Just always worrying about the temps. and humidity.

6. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    Here is Zaxby picture if it didn't show in PM.

[​IMG]

7. Wynette

Wynette Moderator Staff Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Michigan
    Poison, he's PRETTY....handsome!!! Delawares are supposed to be really good layers...true?

8. Poison Ivy

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I'm getting 4 eggs a day since they started laying one might skip a day once a week. Even my cuckoo's are laying everyday. I just sold some more delaware eggs to a local lady. So more Zaxby babies will be hatching!

9. hsm5grls

Oct 3, 2007
    tucson
    Zaxby is a stud!!! LOL He is so beautiful I can't wait till my babies from him hatch.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by