day 8 incubation issue HELP!!!!!

Jul 18, 2021
Today is Day 8nof incubation is today been busy all day out of the house in the woods cutting trees and clearing land by hand since about 8am temps were good 99.5 to 100 degrees and humidity was 24 percent (im using dry hatch method)...come back in for a drink and a meal around 530pm then went back outside just come back in the light was blinking the temp was 75 degrees and humidity was reading 54 percent

Will my eggs be ok...inso want them to hatch they r barred rock welsummer cross chicks and will make beautiful hens

Nothing was unplugged the lid was secured properly idk what was going on but temp is back at 100 and humidity is back to 22 percent...I'm posting pics of my incubater maybe someone uses same kind as me and it's just a glitch but idk it is worrying me ive got 21 eggs in it and all 21 r developing properly and alive...keep in mind these pics of the incubater were taken before loading my eggs into its the incubater in pics is empty
20230206_135846.jpg
20230206_135905.jpg
20230206_135910.jpg

You really need at least 2 other thermometers in there.
@Kiki
I agree.
For whatever reason, most people like to learn the hard way which is finding out that built-in thermometers are not reliable, nor do they tell you the temperature in the entire incubator at one time.

Get at least two more thermometers and put them in the incubator and leave them there. That way you'll be able to tell at one glance where your hot spot is.

If I were you, I would pretend the reading on your incubator screen doesn't even exist.

I would adjust the temperature and the humidity based on the readings of my separately purchased thermometers and salt tested humidity gauge only.

If I were you, I would pretend the reading on your incubator screen doesn't even exist.

I would adjust the temperature and the humidity based on the readings of my separately purchased thermometers and salt tested humidity gauge only.
This! :goodpost:

I agree.
For whatever reason, most people like to learn the hard way which is finding out that built-in thermometers are not reliable, nor do they tell you the temperature in the entire incubator at one time.

Get at least two more thermometers and put them in the incubator and leave them there. That way you'll be able to tell at one glance where your hot spot is.
I got a thermometer in all 4 corners along with the built in one they all were reading 75 degrees

Back
Top Bottom