Day 8- not much hope

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by seminolewind, Sep 24, 2008.

1. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    [​IMG]

I got some eggs in the mail. The were wrapped well. One was broken. I just took 4 after candling that had no growth, and opened them and the yolks were broken. The other 3 are not hopeful iffy. I had put a silkie egg in there, and after 6 days of broody setting, it sat out overnight not sat on. That has some hope.
    The USPS must have done a real number on those eggs to actually break one egg and break yolks as well.

2. JanieMarie

JanieMarie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2008
    Georgetown, Minnesota
    Sorry to hear. Apparently FRAGILE means something completely different in post officeese! I had 7 broken out of a dozen. Just put the 5 in the hatcher this am. I don't know...[​IMG]

3. seminolewind

seminolewind Flock Mistress Premium Member

Sep 6, 2007
    spring hill, florida
    Quote:Are you kidding!!!!! That is incredable. What the heck is going on?

4. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Sorry to hear that. [​IMG] I have never ordered eggs by mail so I don't know what is going on.
    Stupid post office people!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] Don't they know what "FRAGILE" means?!!!??? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I hope you get some chickies and good luck next time! [​IMG]

5. riderken

riderken Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2008
    N.W. Mo.
    Howdy Karen
    I am sorry the eggs did not make it. that makes me mad that they treated those eggs that rough.

I sold a doz duck eggs to a person on here. I sent 24 1 got broke in the shipment. 1 hatched
    sad 1 baby duck no body to keep him company.

The post office has gone postal on our eggs.
    As soon as you want I will send you more eggs.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by