Day 8, set 5 SERAMA EGGS. candled **PICS**

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by austinhart123, Oct 25, 2009.

1. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    this will be my official serama hatching thread and i will update every day with updates on the 5 eggs i set and i will be setting a batch every week from now on as long as my hen is laying so this will be the thread, she has been laying every day for the past three days so hopefully i will have plenty of eggs. i will put all the updates on this post. i will be taking eggs off the turners on day 16 and expecting my hatches on day 19
    everyone feel free to join in with your hatches and any advice and or suggestions will be much appritiated
    ______
    Hatch 1.
    10-25-09. day 1. set 5 serama eggs at 12:30 pm
    10-26-09. day 2. temp is 99.5 and humidity 1s 45%
    10-27-09. day 3. temp is 99.5 and humidity 1s 45%-got impacient and candled really fast, all 5 show timy little veins!!!
    10-28-09. day 4. nothing new to update
    10-29-09. day 5. candled this morning, all 5 have healthy embryos, pics on page two
    10-30-09. day 6. nothing new to update. they are all doing good.
    10-31-09. day 7. same as yesterday everyone is doing well.
    11-1-09. day 8. candles again today, two look dead, but I left them in, second batch goes in tonight or tomorrow
    ______
    Hatch 2. (broody hen)
    11-1-09. day 1. set 6 serama eggs at 4:15pm

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  2. BluegrassSeramas

BluegrassSeramas Serama Savvy

Aug 25, 2008
    Central Kentucky
    Cant wait to see what happens. Are these her pullet eggs or have you collected larger ones?

3. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Quote:this may sound wierd, but the eggs are getting progressively smaller as she lays, so i just threw all the ones shes laid so far in and im gunna see how that goes
    after the first egg se waited three days before laying a second one, then she waited two days before the next one, and then after that shes been laying every day since friday so hopefully i will be able to collect plenty of eggs from them

4. Ondra's Seramas

Ondra's Seramas Drowning in Seramas

Feb 19, 2009
    North Central WA
    Quote:this may sound wierd, but the eggs are getting progressively smaller as she lays, so i just threw all the ones shes laid so far in and im gunna see how that goes
    after the first egg se waited three days before laying a second one, then she waited two days before the next one, and then after that shes been laying every day since friday so hopefully i will be able to collect plenty of eggs from them

Interesting.

5. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    day two, nothing new to report, im gunna candle around day 5, and i collected another egg today that will go in on sunday along with whatever siblings i collect for it

6. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    dont be suprised if they take 21 days! Mine do

7. redbone

redbone Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2009
    Rockvale, TN

Aren't they supposed to be smaller later in the season/year?

8. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA

Aren't they supposed to be smaller later in the season/year?

these are her first eggs
    and im talking like day to day each gets a little smaller but now they are all the same size it was just the first few that were a little big

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
  9. austinhart123

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    Quote:okay ill candle at day 16 and if they dont seem ready ill give them some extra time

10. Boggy Bottom Bantams

Boggy Bottom Bantams Overrun With Chickens

Mar 9, 2008
    Hahira, GA
    Definately, Have had a few here at 19, but most are 21. I cook them off at normal bantam temps too though, as my incubators have a large variety of breeds in them at all times, people with JUST seramas, often bump it up a bit for them, probley where the 19 comes from as higher temps create shorter incubation periods.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by